Carr McClellan’s Real Estate group brings a unique client-focused and practical approach to transactions — we make the right deals happen for our clients. We concentrate on achieving our clients’ business goals, and on delivering a custom approach to each matter, with high-touch client service.
With five attorneys and almost 150 years of collective experience, our practice is expansive and our knowledge is deep:
- We collaborate with Carr McClellan’s tax attorneys to consummate complicated 1031 exchanges and reverse exchanges.
- We bring a one-of-a-kind bankruptcy and workout perspective to real estate transactions, including dealing with insolvent tenants.
- We work with developers to obtain land use entitlements and represent landowners before city councils, planning commissions and community organizations concerning zoning, planning and land lease issues.
- We are experienced in environmental law, helping clients with the remediation of contamination and controlling risks associated with buying, selling and leasing contaminated properties.
- We have developed one of the most sophisticated leasing practices in the Bay Area, helping our clients lease commercial spaces of every variety across the U.S. and overseas.
- We work closely with our real estate litigators to efficiently resolve disputes.
Our clients include Fortune 100 companies, publically traded biopharmaceutical companies, Fortune 500 financial services companies, banks, investment funds, privately held companies, non-profit corporations, developers, entrepreneurs and investors. Notably, we have equal experience representing clients on both sides of the negotiating table: whether we represent landlords or tenants, buyers or sellers, developers or contractors, we have negotiated every position from every angle.
Areas of Expertise
- Acquisitions and Dispositions
- 1031 Exchanges
- Land Use and Sustainable Development
- Real Estate Litigation
- Entity Formation
- Insolvency law
- Office, retail, industrial and R&D properties