From the ground up
Construction projects — whether a custom home for a family or a large-scale industrial plant for a multi-national corporation — are affected by a potentially overwhelming collection of laws and regulations. To run smoothly — on time and on budget — they need expert guidance from a team that knows real estate, development, construction financing, contract and construction law inside and out.
Our Construction Law group anticipate and handle the kinds of legal issues that would otherwise disrupt projects. We work side by side with our clients every step of the way, from inception to completion, on private and public works projects such as home construction, multi-unit residential developments, and the construction and renovation of schools, commercial buildings, airports, and industrial plants.
Our clients include real estate investors and developers, public entities, construction lenders, architects, engineers, suppliers, and contractors. We represent clients in state and federal courts, and we also guide them through successful resolution of their disputers in arbitration forums such as the AAA.
Areas of Expertise
- Green building and sustainable development, including LEED
- Litigation involving Mechanic’s Lien law, surety laws, and regulations around project claims
- Client rights and adherence to contract terms involving contractor’s licensing laws, Public Contract Code, payment and performance bonds and the Prompt Payment Acts
- Multi-party, complex construction contract and defect disputes, including change orders, project delays, labor inefficiencies, site conditions, contract abandonment and contract termination claims
- Custom contracts and American Institute for Architects (AIA) and American General Contractors (AGC) form contracts