Valerie provides her clients with practical employment law advice based on her 13-plus years leading HR teams in high tech companies. Her work with clients covers all aspects of employment law disputes and legal compliance as well as operational advice regarding recruitment, hiring, employee relations, compensation, benefits, workers’ compensation, HRIS, training, reorganizations, acquisitions, divestitures and reduction in force events.
Valerie has served as outside corporate employment counsel for larger clients and as human resources professional for smaller clients. She also has a specialty in representing executives in negotiating employment and severance agreements.
Her experience includes stints as Senior Employment Counsel for US West Coast at Nortel Networks, Inc. (100,000 employees worldwide) and VP of Human Resources for Atmel Corporation (10,000 employees worldwide). She also created and led an HR team in a high-tech start-up, @Road, Inc. which was successfully acquired by Trimble Navigation.
- Employment law and human resources consulting to employers
- Employment law disputes
- Administrative hearings: DLSE, EEOC, DFEH
- On site representation during DOL and EDD audits
- Executive employment and severance agreements
- Internal investigations
- Policies that minimize employer costs but maximize employee morale
- Complex employee benefit and leave issues